A quick and easy bath bomb recipe to make at home. These make a wonderful gift and are the perfect self care treat. Use what you already have as a mould: yoghurt pots, silicone cake moulds, muffin tin, biscuit cutter place on a tray, etc!
100 g bicarbonate of soda
50 g citric acid
25 g arrowroot powder
25 g epsom salt
2 Tbsp base oil (such as Rapeseed Oil)
1/4 tsp essential oil (we recommend lavender or sweet orange)
Optional: sprinkle of happy hippy herbal tea
1) Put the bicarbonate of soda, citric acid, arrowroot powder and epsom salt in a bowl, then whisk until fully combined.
2) Pour the base oil and essential oil in a small bowl and mix together.
3) Very slowly add the oil mixture to the dry ingredients a little at a time, whisking between each addition. When all the oil is added, add a few tiny drops of water and whisk again. It will fizz when you add the water, so mix quickly. You’re looking for the mixture to slightly clump together when pressed in your hand and keep its shape – it shouldn’t be too wet.
4) If you are adding the tea to decorate, drop it into the bottom of your chose mould. Pack your mixture tightly on top, pressing down and smoothing with a teaspoon.
5) Leave your bath bomb in the mould to dry for 4-6 hours of overnight, then carefully remove. It’s now ready to drop into the bath – watch it fizz away!