Making your own granola is perfect weekend task to get you ready for the week ahead. We have a few different types of basic granola in store, but why not try making your own deluxe version with your favourite ingredients? This maple and pecan granola with goji berries is high in fibre and protein, low in sugar and very easy to make. All ingredients are available in store.
1/2 cup almonds, chopped (Try our roasted chopped almonds or use a food processor to chop whole almonds)
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups of jumbo oats
1 cup of pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup of goji berries
3 Tbsp Yorkshire rapeseed oil
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
3 Tsp Cinnamon
1) Pre-heat oven to 180C
2) Chop the nuts or use a food processor (or use 1 1/2 cups of our pre-chopped nut mix containing peanuts, walnuts and almonds)
3) In a large boil mix the rapeseed oil, maple syrup and cinnamon
4) Stir in the chopped nuts, oats and pumpkin seeds
5) Spread evenly onto a baking tray
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly. Once the granola is golden and dry then take out to cool.
7) Once cooled, stir in goji berries or dried fruit of your choice
Once you’ve mastered this try ginger and apricot or pistachios with dates. The options are endless!